This congregation was established many years before a formal building was secured. Ralph and Fannie Clayton planted the seed for the development of this local congregation in 1946. They began by opening their personal home, located at 340 Mills Street to the community for services and visitations. Shepherding of the flock was conducted by a collection of dedicated brothers, a few names may have been left off inadvertently, for as we know, a little piece of history is usually lost in translation. Among them were F. L. Thompson, J. N. Lewis of Daytona Beach; Bro. Henrich of Winter Garden, Bro. Harris of Stuart.


In 1969 the 200 seat edifice along with two classrooms and a nursery were complete with plans for future expansion at its present location1281 East Florida Avenue, Palm Bay, Fl. In keeping with a stationary address, the congregation became known as the Florida Avenue Church of Christ. Many congregations across the state of Florida donated not only their money, but some like the Spivey’s of Delray Beach opened their homes and allowed Bro. Clemmons to stay in their home as he traveled.


Its current Minister is Brother Alvin McCoy, our mission is to show the world the heart of Christ through evangelism, worship, fellowship, discipleship and stewardship.  We have several available to assist but as Christians our first priority is to present the gospel message all people and declare Jesus Christ as our Lord and Saviour.


Our 2009 cruise planning by Bro. Alvin McCoy and team is below:








2009 Cruise Planning 1-27-2008

2009 Cruise Planning 1-27-2008

Fun at the Cruise Meeting -1-27-2008

Fun at the Cruise Meeting -1-27-2008

Teacher's Meeting

2-17-2008

2009 Cruise Planning 1-27-2008




Church of Christ at Florida Avenue

1281 Florida Avenue

Palm Bay, FL 32905

1-321-729-6227